Senior Operations Manager
Senior Operations Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Operations Manager to join our dynamic team at Zapp. The role involves supporting day to day store and central operations, implementing robust loss prevention strategies, ensuring the security of our assets, and fostering effective collaboration among store team and central functions as well as external delivery/logistics partners.
- Lead and manage a team of store managers and associates to achieve operational excellence and meet performance targets.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimise store operations, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Oversee inventory management processes, including cycle counting, FIFO, and inventory control to minimise waste & shrink.
- Monitor and analyse key performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards for safety, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide training, coaching, and support to store staff to enhance their skills and performance.
- Foster a positive work environment that promotes teamwork, accountability, and a customer-centric culture.
- Continuously evaluate store processes and procedures to streamline operations and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies to prevent theft, fraud, and operational losses.
- Conduct regular audits to spot potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Process internal data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Lead security incident investigations and provide detailed reports with preventive recommendations.
- Work with the IT and Product Team to integrate technological solutions for loss prevention.
- Collaborate with internal teams to enhance security in distribution centres, stores, and during transportation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and industry standards in loss prevention and third-party logistics.
- Create and deliver training programs on loss prevention and security protocols for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the main contact for external delivery/logistics partners.
- Cultivate strong relationships for operational efficiency.
- Establish, track and report KPIs to drive strong performance among delivery/logistics partners - present KPIs regularly to partners as well as internal leadership team to timely course-correct any issues.
- Collaborate with internal teams to address partner-related issues and set performance targets.
- Manage refund claims and monitor their approval status.
- 5+Years of work experience in retail or warehouse operations
- In-depth understanding of retail operations, loss prevention strategies, security protocols, and industry regulations (preferably in retail or logistics).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis with experience working with data analytics and visualisation tools such as Looker, Excel and Google Analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs.
- Knowledge of security technologies and their application.