We are seeking a highly organised and detail-oriented Buyers Assistant to join our commercial team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in supporting our purchasing processes, ensuring the timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services.
As a Buyers Assistant, you will possess strong administrative skills with a keen eye for detail. You’ll be confident in collaborating with various departments to understand their needs, source reliable suppliers, manage data, and contribute to the overall efficiency of our purchasing operation.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Support with market research, range gaps, new market trends and ideas
- Manager the supplier database including updating supplier information, cost prices, product code changes, pack size changes, etc
- Management of the New Sku framework process, additions, replacements, depletions
- Support the Partnerships Team with invoice management
- Work with operations and suppliers to manage and mitigate inbound challenges, and barcode issues
- Support the Category Managers with cost-saving initiatives and negotiations
- Own the meetings and outcomes of the supply chain meetings including key commercial metrics
- Work closely with Category Managers to ensure that records are kept up to date, and take over responsibility for some smaller yet strategic supplier relationship
- Optimise our delivery schedule to maintain consistent stock levels and minimise wastage levels
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Marketing to ensure we’re sourcing relevant products for our customers and selecting the best suppliers to optimise for operational efficiency
- Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure our suppliers are fulfilling their accuracy and quality assurances
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong understanding and previous experience using Google Workspace
- 1+ years experience in operations or relationship management in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on mentality, willing to roll your sleeves up
- Excellent administrative skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable in a highly ambiguous environment, and able to independently and autonomously.
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and bring our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.