Handyman & Refridgeration/HVAC Engineer
Zapp aims to revolutionise the stagnant convenience retail industry by providing a luxury customer-centric e-commerce platform. Our vision is to disrupt the multi-trillion dollar convenience retail market, currently dominated by major players, by offering a diverse range of products, fair pricing, and efficient stock management. As we grow, we'll naturally diversify, always aligning with the market and our customers' needs. We are powered by a highly experienced, driven and passionate team with backgrounds from renowned companies like Amazon and Tesco.
We are currently seeking an experienced HVAC and Refrigeration Engineer to join our team. This position will report to the Facilities Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for service, maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC systems for commercial units where company units operate. This position will also be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing equipment in a working environment.
Working Hours : This is a full time, working 5 days per week including the weekend with potential for further overtime due to call outs.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Carrying out preventive maintenance and reactive work (occasionally) installing, and commissioning on various refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems in different locations in London (i.e. chillers, freezers, condensers, heating systems etc)
- Fault finding, breakdowns and servicing of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment based on the company requirement (Various types of brands in the estate such as Arneg/foster/lowe / Interlevin/Mitsubishi/Toshiba)
- Develop processes to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment
- Conduct regular inspections of all equipment.
- Ad-hoc general maintenance/handyman tasks.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in refrigeration systems is essential
- NVQ Level 3 City & Guilds Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (preferred - not essential).
- F-GAS Refrigerant Handling certificate (City & Guilds 2079).
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- A full driving licence and Access to a vehicle with required tools.
- You'll need to be highly self-motivated and have solutions focussed with the ability to work without supervision but also enjoy working as part of a team.
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Enjoy 25 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays)
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Monthly Zapp Credit
- Be part of a dynamic company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and bring our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.