Customer Experience Supervisor
Zapp is London’s leading digital-first, premium convenience retailer and we are relentlessly focused on growing and developing the best-in-class premium convenience proposition for our customers. We are looking for a high energy, entrepreneurial, and results driven leader to lead buying and vendor management for our hero category, Grocery. This role will work directly with the company’s C-level, including the Founders and the CEO.
As a Customer Experience Supervisor, you will support our agents during your shift to ensure we deliver a superior customer experience at all times. You will think creatively in a very fast moving operational environment, to go the extra mile for our customers and help us build a strong customer connection and the highest rates of customer happiness.
We provide a 24/7 service, which necessitates our customer experience Supervisors to work during various hours throughout the day. Additionally, it is crucial for our CX team to establish strong connections with other departments within the company and gain a comprehensive grasp of our operational processes. As a result, these positions are on-site roles and require employees to be present in the office according to their assigned shift schedules.
- Lead our team of customer experience Specialists on shift to deliver Zapp's customer obsession.
- Take ownership of shifts, aiming for 100% customer retention, delegating tasks to Specialists to deliver efficient and effective results.
- Be entrepreneurial, and look for ways we can make everything we do work even better for our customers and our colleagues.
- Be the face of Zapp for customers, engaging with them in a way that shows we really care about doing the right thing for each one of them.
- Decide within our guidelines the best problem fix for each individual customer who has/had a problem, and recommend new options if needed.
- Identify and resolve problems by analysing the root cause, proposing solutions for future interactions.
- Use our customer experience platform and other tools to apply solutions, and provide detailed information about customers and their issues for process improvements.
- Act as the voice of our customers, diligently providing essential feedback to all key stakeholders to further improve the experience we deliver to our customers.
- Follow key processes with a methodical and entrepreneurial approach, always looking out for ways to improve the service we provide to our customers.
- Proactively resolve customer facing escalations with a high level of customer obsession, ensuring Zapp's leadership principles and refined tone of voice are reflected in all customer interactions.
- Support new hires by conducting a verification of skills programme to establish all new team members have the necessary skills required for their role.
- Conduct regular coaching interactions and refresher training modules with Specialists to support their development.
- Support the Team Leader in performance managing Specialists by providing detailed evaluations from coaching interactions and quality assurance monitoring of Specialists work.
- Share best practices within the customer experience team and wider company, to help improve our customer experience.
- Prior experience as a Customer Service Supervisor or similar in a fast-paced and high-output environment.
- Prior experience as a customer service Supervisor or similar in a fast-paced and high-output environment.
- Prior experience leading a home and office based customer service team is beneficial.
- Available for shift work (variety of shifts from morning shifts to night shifts and week-ends).
- Ability to use multiple systems and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learner and have good time management skills.
- Self-motivated, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Motivated to delight customers, and do the right thing for them.
- Empathy for customers, and desire to find the best way to solve their issues.
- A team player, who will dig in to help their colleagues be successful.
- Open to seeing and recommending better ways of serving customers, in customer experience.
- Entrepreneurial to take initiative and reach out to the wider Zapp organisation when a customer concern requires further investigation.
- Competitive salary
- Enjoy 25 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Be part of a dynamic company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and bring our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.