Corporate Finance Analyst
Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you’re ready to help build the world’s most customer-focused company, get in touch.We are looking for a Corporate Finance Analyst to join our team and provide
support and analysis for a wide-range of strategic initiatives across the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing insightful analysis and reporting
on business performance to senior management, our investors and the Board.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in driving informed
decision-making, and will require strong analytical and numerical capabilities,
excellent presentation and communication skills, as well as proficiency in Excel,
PowerPoint and Google Workspace tools. Candidates should be highly organised
and structured in their thinking, as well as comfortable working in our London
office on a full-time basis. Familiarity with business information tools, such as
Tableau or Looker, will also be advantageous.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Prepare and deliver regular and ad hoc reporting on business performance financial results, and key performance indicators to senior management, investors and the Board.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to support strategic decision-making, identify trends, and provide actionable insights on business critical topics.
- Develop financial models and forecasts to support the business planning process as well as evaluate potential opportunities and business initiatives to ensure accuracy and alignment with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather and analyse data, validate assumptions, and provide recommendations for optimising financial performance.
- Monitor industry trends, competitor performance, and market conditions to assess potential risks and opportunities.
- Support investor relations activities, including preparing regular presentations and investor communications.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Corporate Finance Analyst or similar role, preferably in the retail or e-commerce industry.
- Strong analytical and numerical capabilities, with proficiency in financial modelling and data analysis.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex financial information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written English with the ability to prepare clear and concise presentations and reports
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Workspace tools for data analysis, financial modelling, and presentation purposes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Highly organised and structured with keen attention to detail.
- London-based with the ability to work in the office five days a week.
It is also preferred the candidate has:
Experience with financial reporting systems
Knowledge of SQL for data extraction and analysis
Familiarity with retail or e-commerce financial metrics and industry trends
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Enjoy 25 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Be part of a dynamic company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and bring our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.