Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you’re ready to help build the world’s most customer-focused company, get in touch.
We are looking for Shift Managers to run our daily operations within the Zapp stores. As a Shift Manager, you will be responsible for the overall performance during your dedicated shift, as well as, achieving operational Safety, Security, Quality, Efficiency and Profitability results. Ultimately, you will shape the customer experience and Zapp’s growth. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a great people motivator, communicator and have a strong push to achieve great results as well as the passion to create an outstanding customer experience. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Here’s what you’d be doing
- Effectively manage the stores during shifts including performance management of the store team
- Build and manage relationships with third party riders
- Own the effective operational and commercial success of the store whilst you are on shift, ensuring customer orders are correctly assembled and keeping to effective KPIs and SLAs such as receiving orders to dispatching riders
- Manage stock - from inbound to cycle counts
- Conduct effective handovers, including end of shift reports to the next shift
- Proactively check resourcing levels ahead of start times and resolve issues
- Track attendance and ensure the correct attendance management procedures are followed when issues arise
- Undertake both General and H&S tasks as per company guidelines
- Manage, engage and motivate the store team
- Manage and report on performance during the shift - including escalation of issues
- Maintain a high-level Zapp store environment, ensuring that potential hazards are dealt with safely and efficiently
- Liaise with the Store Manager regularly to maximise performance improvement - with specific actions eg training the team
- Be a leading example of high performance, professional conduct and the Zapp values (Customer Obsession, Excellence at Everything, Doing The Right Thing & Long Term Thinking)
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Previous experience managing front line operations teams with demanding performance standards to be met.
- Experience in Food, Retail, Hospitality, Warehouse or similar live operational environments
- The ability to independently lead shifts and the flexibility to work over a 24/hr shift pattern
- Ability to motivate and enthuse a team - create a fun and positive work environment, to be a strong manager with coaching skills to train and mentor employees
- Ability to prioritise and give clear instructions
- Proven ability to problem-solve and organise including time management, resource planning
- Comfortable using an array of technologies and applications in a business setting
- Speed and the ability to handle growth without sacrificing attention to detail
- Drive and the ability to lead a team to achieve set goals
- Easy to work with, builds relationships with store colleagues and is personally invested in their success
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Be part of a dynamic company and a super motivated team
40-hour contracted position (we operate 24/7, across days, nights and some weekends managed on a rotational basis with other shift leaders in the team).
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and bring our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.