Who we are:
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy, early-stage, VC-backed Climate Tech start-up. We focus on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions in addressing the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts, offering innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow. We are building a team that will help our users launch sustainability programs, benchmark their ESG performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, execute reduction strategies, and ultimately share their progress with key stakeholders.
- We are a Certified B Corporation which is a private certification of for-profit companies that have met high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, and we were Pitch Finalists in the 2022 SXSW Social and Culture category.
- We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK, Ireland and a growing list of other countries. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our platform, and at Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2022, our entire carbon footprint was 522.78 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees.
The Role and Responsibilities
● Serves as a “point-person” between the sustainability, services and product teams to identify common pain points during engagements and create tools to streamline and build efficiency/replicability into all aspects of platform implementations
● Brings forward and prioritizes customer problems and requests and communicates decisions on product and development priority to the rest of the team
● Develops tools, resources and best practices for the rest of the services team to use during customer engagements (e.g. in PowerBI, Power Query, Python)
● Reviews and approves services estimates and implementation plans for accuracy and feasibility
● Contributes to the creation and maintenance of product guidelines and best practices, as well as delivering training to internal resources and external partners to promote best practices
● Teaches and mentors associate consultants and consultants on efficient/effective product implementation strategies
● Serves as a subject matter expert with respect to best practice implementation strategies and is the client’s first point of contact for expertise related to the Sustain.Life software platform
● Has some familiarity with GHG emission reduction programs and various sustainability frameworks (CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc.)
● Consistently delivers high-quality deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
● Assists in the management of customer expectations and resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely manner
● Desire to build and maintain a world-class, supportive, fun and productive work environment
● Good interpersonal skills, maturity, humility and integrity
● Seek opportunities to learn and grow and support others in doing the same
● High personal standards and commitment to delivering high quality work products
● Keen sense of client requirements and problem solving skills
● Ability to think analytically, be detail oriented, problem-solve, and work independently
● Understanding of carbon emissions accounting practices, methodologies
● Proven ability to adhere to project scope, deadlines and schedules
● Experience analyzing large datasets
● Experience with data integrations and configuring software
● Experience creating data visualizations and presenting data
Nice to Have
● Experience developing and verifying corporate GHG emissions inventories
● Experience with common financial analyses, e.g. ROI, IRR
● Experience in one or more data tools beyond Excel, e.g. R, Tableau, Power BI
Base Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 USD
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including determined position level, individual experience within the salary band and business objectives. Our base salary is just one component of Sustain.Life's competitive total compensation package that also includes an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and retirement benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Annual Learning & Development and Sustainable Goods Purchase Stipends
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life. Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.