Sales Executive (Remote)
Who we are:
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy, early-stage, VC-backed Climate Tech start-up. We focus on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions in addressing the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts, offering innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow. We are building a team that will help our users launch sustainability programs, benchmark their ESG performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, execute reduction strategies, and ultimately share their progress with key stakeholders
- We are a Certified B Corporation which is a private certification of for-profit companies that have met high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, and we were Pitch Finalists in the 2022 SXSW Social and Culture category
- We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK, Ireland and a growing list of other countries. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our platform, and at Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2022, our entire carbon footprint was 522.78 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees
Note: This job posting is always open and sourcing! Since Sales Executive roles are critical for our business, we are always ready to engage with quality candidates and consider adding staff to our team when the time is right.
We are looking for both Junior and Senior Sales Executives to develop, foster and build customer relationships to accelerate Sustain.Life's commercial growth. You will be responsible for executing our direct sales strategy as well as taking on the day to day work of closing recurring revenue deals. We are a lean organization, searching for a candidate who is adept at selling solutions with a proven ability to win new business. This job has elements of strategy, sales, relationship development, project management and execution.
The ideal candidate will draw upon creativity, problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
In this role, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Generate and drive new business through prospecting and networking across specific cohorts and industries.
- Understand our product and product roadmap at a very detailed level to ensure its value can be communicated to potential customers.
- Work with our marketing analytics group to build a process to generate high quality inbound leads at scale.
- Help develop processes and tools to engage high scoring leads and foster customer relationships to ultimately close recurring revenue deals.
- Work with our product group to launch and promote new offerings for warm leads
- Expand our customer base in line with our longer-term CAC and growth goals
- Work collaboratively with commercial, product, marketing and other teams to align internal resources and roadmaps to support business development.
- Help meet and exceed annual and quarterly sales objectives and lead internal and external business development reviews to highlight outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Partner with our Sustainability, Product, & Marketing teams to help us set product pricing, customer expectations, and financial plans for use across the organization
- Create tools used in our sales and account development process that illustrate the quantitative impact of the Sustain.Life solution in a customer environment
Who you are:
- 2+ or 5+ years of experience in a B2B enterprise SaaS software environment (Junior to Senior minimum requirements)
- Experience developing customer relationships
- Advanced degree a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and business judgement
- Proven experience working with executive leadership of large companies
- Communicate effectively to share learnings and make clear group decisions
- You present your work with clarity and confidence
- You have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment; an entrepreneurial, ownership attitude
- You are excited to work in an environment that values collaboration
Bonus experience we'd love to see:
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution
Base Salary: $70,000-$115,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for both positions. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors, including individual experience within the salary band, final determined career level (Jr/Sr) and overall business objectives. Our base salary is just one component of Sustain.Life's competitive total compensation package that also includes quarterly commissions based on performance against sales quotas, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and retirement benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Annual Learning & Development and Sustainable Goods Purchase Stipends
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life. Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age .