Senior Sustainability Consultant
Who we are:
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy, early-stage, VC-backed Climate Tech start-up. We focus on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions in addressing the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts, offering innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow. We are building a team that will help our users launch sustainability programs, benchmark their ESG performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, execute reduction strategies, and ultimately share their progress with key stakeholders.
- We are a Certified B Corporation which is a private certification of for-profit companies that have met high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, and we were Pitch Finalists in the 2022 SXSW Social and Culture category.
- We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK, Ireland and a growing list of other countries. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our platform, and at Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2022, our entire carbon footprint was 522.78 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees.
Senior Sustainability Consultant
Responsibilities and Role Overview:
- In charge of coordinating software implementations to ensure alignment with customer business objectives.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, serving as the primary point of contact for clients seeking insights into the Sustain.Life software platform.
- Formulates and refines best practices for seamless software implementations.
- Provides expertise in guiding clients through GHG emission reduction programs and diverse sustainability frameworks (CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc.).
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of project management principles, ensuring adherence to project scope, deadlines, and schedules.
- Contributes to the creation of customer training materials and may conduct training sessions.
- Consistently delivers top-tier services to customers, following our established implementation methodology.
- Manages customer expectations effectively, promptly addressing and escalating issues when necessary.
- Desire to cultivate and nurture a world-class, supportive, enjoyable, and productive work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Actively pursue opportunities for personal and professional growth, fostering a supportive environment for colleagues.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting, actively seeking and embracing new challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute value beyond the confines of your designated role.
- Maintain high personal standards and a commitment to delivering work of exceptional quality.
- Familiarity with carbon emissions accounting practices and methodologies, including the Greenhouse Gas Protocol; knowledge of SBTi and PCAF is advantageous.
- Capable of analytical thinking, attention to detail, independent problem-solving, and working autonomously.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a consulting role directly catering to external clients.
- Proven track record of adhering to project scope, deadlines, and schedules.
- Proficient in analyzing large datasets and creating data visualizations for effective presentations.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience in developing and verifying corporate GHG emissions inventories.
- Expertise in establishing science-based targets, verified through SBTi.
- Proficiency in configuring software.
- Familiarity with common financial analyses such as ROI and IRR.
- Experience in leadership roles, including team management and mentoring junior staff.
- Proficiency in one or more data tools beyond Excel, such as R, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Experience in environmental impact accounting beyond emissions, including product life cycle analysis, risk and scenario analysis.
Base Salary: $105,000 - $125,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including determined position level, individual experience within the salary band and business objectives. Our base salary is just one component of Sustain.Life's competitive total compensation package that also includes an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and retirement benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Annual Learning & Development and Sustainable Goods Purchase Stipends
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life. Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.