Director, Customer Experience
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth as we continue to support small business owners across the US. We’re looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about delivering an excellent experience to customers to lead our Customer Experience (CX) team. This person will ensure Relay delivers on our core value proposition which is to deliver human centric support with excellence. This opportunity will appeal to a customer-centric experienced people leader who is passionate about the Customer Experience (CX). We want someone who is excited to differentiate us as industry leaders in customer care; helping set the strategy, building the team, and implementing processes to support our growing business across the US.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deliver an exceptional support experience. For our SMBs that means providing an empathetic, informative, and timely response
- Always considering scalability as well. Find ways in the longer term to serve our customers with excellence and efficiently
- Drive monthly, quarterly, and annual execution of your team’s KPIs and strategic plans, using a process-oriented and data-driven approach
- Champion customer priorities cross-functionally, such as collaborating and communicating with product to influence customer experience initiatives within the product roadmap
- Maintain full visibility and status on cross-functional efforts to deliver feedback surfaced by our customers
- Design and develop process improvement to the customer experience journey with a focus on automating steps, reducing friction, and providing resources and support for agents to handle increasing types of questions and issues
- Hire and build a high-performing team through strong mentorship and talent development while identifying key opportunities for growth and up-leveling. Represent our core values of Relay in all you do
- Drive best practices and continuous improvement, including building a customer experience playbook
- Work with the risk leadership team on forward thinking initiatives to ensure our CX delivery model evolves as the business continues to scale
- Explore partnerships, including working with Business Process Outsourcing resource
- Champion ongoing learning and continuous improvement across your team and our business; provide support, education, and training to different teams to build a world class customer experience team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Risk, Product, Engineering, etc.) to ensure customer feedback and issues are integrated into every aspect of our product
- Stay ahead of emerging customer engagement trends and customer experience preferences
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in Customer Experience/ Support
- 5+ years of experience in a people leadership capacity
- Experience developing, coaching and mentoring high-performing teams
- Fintech experience would be considered a definite asset
- Collaborative, organized, and execution-oriented with strong communication skills
- Keen analytical approach to identify trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Highly process oriented – ability to drive improvement in complex cross-departmental processes
- Love of teamwork and commitment to building a world-class global customer experience engine together
- Empathetic and humble; the ability to truly understand the needs of SMBs and team.
- You love maximizing the potential of ZenDesk when it comes to reporting and analytics
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have seen it through scale
- You have experience working in a fintech startup
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the VP People & Customer Experience
- Stage 3: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the VP, Risk
- Stage 4: A take-home case study, followed by a 60-minute presentation of your solution to our Leadership team
- Stage 5: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Leadership team
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.