Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
We are looking for an Account Executive who thrives on championing the success of small businesses. If you're fueled by the passion to make a difference, have a proven track record of sales excellence, and are committed to building trusting relationships with business owners and their accountants and bookkeepers, then Relay is the place for you!
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact in building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. You will play a pivotal role in Relay’s growth journey by leveraging your sales expertise to empower small businesses. As an advocate for their success, you'll forge enduring relationships, understanding their unique needs while delivering tailored solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the full sales cycle and be responsible for new business acquisition
- Become an expert in our product and industry to advise business owners and their accountants and bookkeepers in a high-trust manner while aligning their goals/objectives with our product capabilities
- Sell on value vs. technical functionality
- Close business with new and existing customers
- Go above and beyond just delivering your quota and strategize with team members to innovate and improve the overall sales process
- Cross-functionally work with internal departments such as Business Development, Marketing, Revenue Operations and Sales Enablement
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of full sales cycle experience, ideally within a SaaS/startup environment
- You have a consultative sales approach
- You have experience with strategic account-based prospecting and outbound sales
- You are proficient with CRM software and other sales-related tools (e.g. Salesforce, Groove, ZoomInfo, etc.)
- You enjoy collaborating with other departments and mentoring/coaching junior team members
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, and the ability to adapt to constant change
- You have prior experience in fintech or a neobank
- You have worked with SMBs in North America
- You are proficient in Spanish
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
- Stage 2: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the Director of Sales
- Stage 3: A take-home case study followed by a presentation to our Sales team in a 60-minute Google Meets video call
- Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Leadership team
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.