Senior Front End Engineer - Bangalore
Oleria is an enterprise cybersecurity startup that raised $8M in seed funding led by Salesforce Ventures with participation from Tapestry VC and industry luminary angel investors. We recognize that identity based attacks on software as a service (SaaS) applications are becoming increasingly common, highlighting the importance of addressing access risks to prevent data breaches. Traditional access management methods are human-intensive and often have significant unidentified gaps, making it challenging to manage access risks effectively. At Oleria, we are on a mission to revolutionize access control tooling for enterprise SaaS applications, aiming to reduce the opportunity and scope of data breaches drastically.
Oleria was founded by notable industry senior leaders Jim Alkove and Jagadeesh Kunda, with deep security, data, and SaaS experience building and securing some of the world’s largest platforms and products used by billions of people worldwide every day. Our customers are Fortune 500 corporations and public sector organizations, making your contributions vital to improving data security for millions worldwide.
As an early hire, you will have an opportunity to build as well as help build an amazing customer and user experience, and architect the underlying systems and platforms, including our development practices and processes. Many fundamental choices have not yet been made, so this greenfield background is an unusual opportunity to have broad ownership and ability to define requirements and goals across product delivery, tools, frameworks, and process.
Though you likely have significant experience as a technical and perhaps people and team leader, you are totally comfortable with hands on a keyboard, and you're excited by the opportunity to write code and deliver an amazing customer experience in a constrained time frame, while building the basis for continued product evolution.
Above all, you have a bias for action. You love getting product out the door and learning from tight feedback loops, and love the satisfaction you'll receive from knowing that your contributions are directly improving the security of data for millions of people in the world.
- Work with our team to create, design and implement a world-class user interface that will include dashboard visualization and manipulation of large and complex datasets for mobile and web experiences
- Integrate our front end with custom developed APIs
- Implement well-designed web-based user interfaces using modern web technology such as React, Node.js / React.js
- Understand and participate in tradeoff discussions, but have the courage to stand behind principles and values that you believe cannot be compromised on.
- Technical leadership: Lead the development of the front-end architecture and ensure the implementation of best practices for performance, scalability, and security.
- Product development: Work closely with the product team to understand the product vision and design, and help turn that vision into a reality.
- Research and innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest front-end technologies and bring new ideas and innovations to the team.
- Code quality: Ensure that the codebase is well-organized, maintainable, and meets the high standards of the company.
- Technical decision-making: Make technical decisions that impact the product, including choosing technologies, tools, and methodologies.
- 6+ years of professional experience in frontend development
- Experience in cybersecurity or SaaS industry, especially with Access, Identity and Governance would be a plus
- Strong understanding of industry best practices across entire lifecycle from idea to design to development, as well as test, deployment, operations, monitoring, and incident management
- Many and varied, with understanding of technical and community pros, cons, and tradeoffs. Likely includes Python, Java, React, Typescript. This truly is green field development, You’ll be involved in selecting and implementing the appropriate tools and technologies to do the best job possible.
- You’ve redesigned, rearchitected, and rebuilt the existing UI for a commercial product (w backing framework and tech decisions) at least once.
- Familiarity with and able to understand pros/cons of design patterns and related stacks & technologies - MVC, ELT, Analytics, BI, data transformation
- Have shipped and operated high-scale commercial SaaS products, used by a multitude of users at many customers, with all that entails.
- Experience with feature flags, A/B testing, deep instrumentation, and other technologies for understanding behavior and iteratively deploying and learning.
- Broad direct experience building on at least one public cloud platform - AWS preferred, Azure, GCP, and modern deployment tooling (CI/CD, containers, Terraform, etc.)
- Familiar with secure development practices, from coding to artifact generation to deployment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-moving world with ambiguity and potential change as daily companions
- BS, Masters, or PhD in computer science or related, or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Services
- Experience using modern frameworks such as React, Node.js, or Angular
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independent learner, with an open mind, and a team-oriented mentality with the ability and willingness to grow
- Familiar with security analysis and investigation
- Familiar with multiple identity and access management systems