Technical Account Manager
Are you an experienced Technical Account Manager looking to make a significant impact in the cybersecurity industry? Oleria is an enterprise cybersecurity startup founded by notable industry senior leaders Jim Alkove and Jagadeesh Kunda, with deep security, data, and SaaS experience building and securing some of the world’s largest platforms and products used by billions of people worldwide every day. We raised $8M in seed funding led by Salesforce Ventures with participation from Tapestry VC and industry luminary angel investors. We seek an experienced Technical Account Manager to join our founding go-to-market team based in our Bellevue, WA headquarters..
We recognize that identity-based attacks on software as a service (SaaS) applications are becoming increasingly common, highlighting the importance of addressing access risks to prevent data breaches. Traditional access management methods are human-intensive and often have significant blind spots, making it challenging to manage access risks effectively. At Oleria, we are on a mission to revolutionize access control tooling for enterprise SaaS applications, aiming to reduce the opportunity and scope of data breaches drastically.
Our esteemed target customers consist of Fortune 500 corporations and public sector organizations, making your contributions vital to improving the security of data for millions of people around the world.
Above all, you have a bias for action. You love getting products out the door and learning from tight feedback loops. You love the satisfaction you'll receive from knowing that your contributions are directly improving the security of data for millions of people in the world.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will play a pivotal role in setting the standard and building the framework for this role within our organization. You will leverage your sales acumen, business-minded technical expertise, exceptional customer service skills, cross-functional team collaboration, and the ability to lead via influence to build strong relationships with our customers and enable them to maximize the value of their Oleria investment. Essentially, this role is a technical sales role and is focused on turning Oleria’s prospects into customers and then into fans. This role provides the unique opportunity to work directly with the co-founders and the rest of the executive team, impacting the strategic direction of our customer-facing operations.
- Work closely with the executive team to drive the pipeline, turning prospects into customers by orchestrating all key customer communications and deliverables (eg, NDA, services agreement, pilot and onboarding plans)
- Become a product and category expert, being able to effectively demo, communicate Oleria’s value proposition and how it compares to competitive options, and overcome common objections
- Act as our customers' primary point of contact and advocate, addressing their technical requirements and issues, ensuring a seamless customer experience.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, driving customer satisfaction and success to build long-term business growth.
- Convert customer feedback into actionable product requirements, prioritizing them in collaboration with our engineering team.
- Provide crucial input on customer experiences and needs to the product team.
- Assist in creating and delivering training materials and product documentation for customers.
- Manage the customer onboarding process, ensuring effective adoption of our product.
- Collaborate directly with the executive team on new business opportunities and account expansions.
- Support contract renewal processes and negotiations.
- Contribute significantly to the design and implementation of our lead-to-cash process and related systems implementations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience as a Technical Account Manager or Customer Success Manager, preferably within the cybersecurity industry.
- In-depth understanding of cybersecurity concepts and technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences and ensuring a constructive and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts effectively, driving customer success and achieving sales goals.
- Robust technical acumen, capable of understanding and articulating complex technical subjects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to network and build relationships effectively.
- You have demonstrated the ability to build a program from the ground up and scale it over time.
- Strong personal accountability and the ability to self-prioritize in a dynamic startup environment.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Google Workspace.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to lead via influence.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement in a fast-growing company.
- The chance to work directly with our co-founders and contribute meaningfully to shaping the company’s direction.
- A collaborative and dynamic work environment with a dedicated team of professionals.
The annual compensation range being offered for this role depending on individual candidate level and experience is $140,000 to $220,000 including base salary and equity.