Principal Cloud Engineer
Oleria is an enterprise cybersecurity startup that raised $8M in seed funding led by Salesforce Ventures with participation from Tapestry VC and industry luminary angel investors. We recognize that identity based attacks on software as a service (SaaS) applications are becoming increasingly common, highlighting the importance of addressing access risks to prevent data breaches. Traditional access management methods are human-intensive and often have significant unidentified gaps, making it challenging to manage access risks effectively. At Oleria, we are on a mission to revolutionize access control tooling for enterprise SaaS applications, aiming to reduce the opportunity and scope of data breaches drastically.
Oleria was founded by notable industry senior leaders Jim Alkove and Jagadeesh Kunda, with deep security, data, and SaaS experience building and securing some of the world’s largest platforms and products used by billions of people worldwide every day. Our customers are Fortune 500 corporations and public sector organizations, making your contributions vital to improving data security for millions worldwide.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and systems that underpin our services. Your focus will be on improving the reliability and performance of our applications through automation, monitoring, and collaboration with development teams. You will be responsible for addressing operational concerns and ensuring high availability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design infrastructure that meets the requirements for reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) solutions to automate provisioning, configuration, and scaling of infrastructure components.
- Implement effective monitoring and alerting systems to detect and respond to performance issues and outages promptly.
- Lead incident response and post-incident analysis to identify root causes and implement preventive measures.
- Analyze system usage and work with teams to plan for future capacity requirements.
- Ensure infrastructure meets security and compliance standards, implement security best practices, and perform regular security audits.
- Continuously optimize infrastructure to improve performance and resource utilization.
- Create and maintain documentation for infrastructure designs, configurations, and procedures.
- Collaborate with software engineers to influence the design and architecture of applications for improved reliability.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to address critical incidents outside of regular business hours.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in infrastructure engineering, DevOps, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in infrastructure automation tools (e.g.,Pulumi, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong knowledge of system and network architecture, security, and best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages (e.g., Python, Go, Shell).
- Expertise in monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, ELK stack, Grafana).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle incidents and outages effectively.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement in a fast-growing company.
- The chance to work directly with our co-founders and contribute meaningfully to shaping the company’s direction.
- A collaborative and dynamic work environment with a dedicated team of professionals.
The annual compensation range being offered for this role depending on individual candidate level and experience is $200,000 to $325,000 including base salary and equity.