Senior Software Product Designer (UI/UX)
Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we're building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We're bringing that back.
To get there we're gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you'll be part of a movement. Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 2 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, read on...
We are hiring a Senior Software Product Designer to help us create new experiences across mobile OS and native apps. This role will report to the design lead for London and work closely with a global team of UI, UX and industrial designers. The successful candidate will be a creative individual with varied and extensive experience working on digital products, from concept creation to implementation. This role is ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible, open-minded and output-driven with a strong sense of ownership. Meetings and planning are important but we are strong believers that at the end of the day, execution makes better market impact.
- End to end product design skills
- Ideate, create and deliver design specs for implementation;
- Be a key contributor to our future design systems;
- Collaborate actively with designers, engineers and project managers to come up with new innovative solutions;
- Work with our global engineers to co-develop apps and other software features;
- Develop in-depth understanding of our target audience to drive product innovation;
- Think strategically about product development and help define new product features;
- Present ideas and solutions to senior management;
- Test and validate ideas using prototypes with real users;
- Constantly seek and provide feedback to continuously improve our products and the team;
- Mentor junior designers and promote a design driven work culture.
- Proficient in human-centred design processes and interaction design principles;
- Proficient in modern software design tools, such as Figma / Sketch / Illustrator / Photoshop;
- Animation and prototyping skills are a plus;
- Fluency in English is a must. multilingual abilities are a plus;
- Can articulate ideas with ease and is easy to work with;
- Experience with mobile/tech brands is a plus;
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in art, design or creative-related major is a plus but not required;
- Passionate about creating products and justify design decisions to senior management;
- Open-minded and humble. A team player with great interpersonal skills;
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects;
- Last but not least, enjoy the hustle of a startup with global impact
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.