Senior Offline Sales Manager - CMF
Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we're building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We're bringing that back.
To get there we're gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you'll be part of a movement. Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 2 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, read on...
We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, flawlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way.
No confusing tech-speak. No silly product names. Just artistry, passion and trust. And products we’re proud to share with our friends and family.
We are looking for a Senior Manager - Offline Sales who will be responsible for planning and executing key marketing campaigns as well as manage product marketing and category for our newly launched sub-brand CMF by Nothing (https://in.cmf.tech/)
What you’ll do:
- Help establish the offline retail business for the brand Nothing in India
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of a business strategy that maximizes the retail topline and bottom line
- Manage motivated and high performing teams through the effective leadership and line management to retail staff
- Select and onboard distributors pan India, identify single brand retail opportunities and end to end management of sales GTM in offline
- Works closely with the India Head of CMF Smart Product Business and other Heads of function to influence and implement company strategy, business priorities and targets and ensure there are systems in place to enable the Sales Associates to receive the information in a timely manner
- Generate ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the marketplace, competitors and trends
- Use open feedback mechanisms from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the retail strategy with the overall corporate strategy
- Influence and support the retail element of the annual budget process, constantly review financial data and provide realistic input into the sales budgets
- Collaboration with Marketing team and VM for In-store marketing/promotions and for external ATL/BTL activities
- Implementation of ERP and other Technology resources for effective Business Decision Making
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day-to-day retail operation within their defined work area including the strategic planning of resources
- Translate the strategic goals into retail operational & distribution plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identify and optimize promotional opportunities ensuring these are coordinated with larger Nothing’s promotions
- Ensures that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- Spends time in Stores with retail Store teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies; maintains and enhances the brand identity of Nothing in all stores and related initiatives
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Sales Associates, sets objectives and targets; work with learning and development team to develop individual training plans for the team
- Assist in establishing the implementing procedures and systems to maximize staff retention
- Recruits, trains and develops associates ensuring adherence to Nothing’s HR systems and procedures
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost-effective stock generation; monitors stock weekly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
- Regularly produces and presents a range of financial/non-financial reports for the India & global leadership
- Make Sales Forecasts by observing market trends and online sales data to develop sales forecasts, which they use to build effective strategies.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in sales and marketing
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against a business strategy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Exceptional Influencing and negotiation skills
- A collaborative team player concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
- Solution orientated and decisive by nature personal attributes
- Self-starter high on energy levels
- Strong, professionally credible with integrity
- Mobile industry experience managing distributors pan India, retail channels including modern retail is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.