Director of Social & Content
Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we’re building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We’re bringing that back.
To get there we’re gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you’ll be part of a movement . Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 1.5 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, read on…….
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Director of Social & Content to join our global marketing team. The leader will be responsible for exponentially growing the brand’s social presence, across key metrics including audience size and engagement, into one of the category’s leading social media destinations. The candidate will organise a team to develop innovative social media campaigns across all social platforms and build best-in-class reach and engagement. This role will lead our social strategy, editorial calendar, content creation, scheduling, and optimization of Nothing's social channels across platforms. A qualified candidate will be an excellent social marketer, with social platform expertise and an understanding of what drives virality, generating outsized earned media. They must understand local consumers’ content needs and be ahead of the curve of the ever-changing social landscape. They will lead the team with operational quality. They are able to understand and articulate key data and analytics to promote learnings. They are a great communicator and collaborator with the other marketing functions as well as our regional marketing leads.
This role will work closely with, and report to, the VP of Marketing.
- Grow Nothing’s social community into one of the largest social platforms in the industry, maintaining strong engagement
- Drive brand awareness and create loyalty through innovative content
- Define and drive our social communication strategy
- Plan our editorial calendar across handles and act as a content gatekeeper with the highest standards
- Develop innovative, best-in-class social campaigns
- Create and measure social media analytics to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of social activities
- Communicate regularly with leadership to update on progress against goals and align on high-level strategic priorities
- May source and manage social media and creative agencies
- Work collaboratively across functions and countries
- 10+ years of professional experience in social media marketing
- Experience building and leading large, international teams
- Experience in developing and executing social content and engagement strategies that drove exponential growth
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and manage teams of both creators and social campaign managers
- Experience with social automation, scheduling, insight and analytic tools, such as Sprinklr
- Experience of analytical work on social metrics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and scaling measurement mechanisms
- Experience managing budgets and resources
- Professional experience with smartphones, audio, and/or other hardware
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.