Frontend Application Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
You are one of nMachine’s founding frontend engineers, building out the core technology at the heart of nMachine: the low-code studio, and the engine that renders nMachines.
You will work on
- The technical design and implementation of the platform studio web application, which is somewhere between a CAD tool and a drag-and-drop no-code editor.
- The technical design and implementation of the nMachine rendering engine, which turns nMachine specifications into the platforms users interact with.
- The vendor portal, which acts as the app store back office for vendors distributing their applications with nMachine.
- Work with external cloud and service providers in building out their own nMachine Plugins.
You may be a fit if you
- Enjoy being a specialist, obsessing over difficult, narrow problems.
- Crave ownership. You are joining a founding team.
- Have never worked for a company whose product you were not aching to show your friends.
- Thrive in a hardcore engineering team culture.
- Want competence and drive to be the first things people see in you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, ideally Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, functional programming paradigms, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one modern programming language, ideally Python, Rust, TypeScript, or Ruby.
- Proven experience with one major frontend web development framework like React, Angular, etc...
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully rolled out.
Bonus Domain Experience
- You have experience with advanced rendering techniques for web applications like Canvas or WebGL.
- You have experience with optimizing web applications for performance, and understand how major frameworks allocate memory and manage "threads".
- You have experience (and opinions on) using advanced techniques like server-side rendering, micro-frontends.