We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don't have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
This IT Specialist role requires an individual who is passionate about IT and proactive about professional growth and development for a career path in IT. The ideal IT Specialist provides a professional, positive experience when supporting and interacting with users at all levels of the Organization while also completing assigned tasks, assisting with large-scale IT projects, and managing time effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position reports directly to the Head of HR.
A MetaMap IT Specialist will thrive by:
- Providing Phenomenal Service: Expeditiously and enthusiastically resolve end-user issues and proactively identify areas of improvement within the IT infrastructure
- Daring to Simplify: Stays current on next-gen technologies and aspires to develop your IT skill set while keeping automation and integration in mind
- Being Unstoppable: Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities by ensuring thorough, on-time completion of tasks and ensuring implemented changes meet/exceed expected results
- Playing as a Team: Contribute to the People Team’s mission to provide the best employee experience at MetaMap.
- Triage and provide resolution to IT issues reported via helpdesk tickets, email, and Slack
- Escalate or reassign tickets as needed; report relevant issues to the correct departments
- Identify and enforce end-user security and compliance policies
- Manage user accounts, email groups, and SasS licensing
- Archive former inactive users’ emails and documents in accordance with Company retention policies
- Assist with asset management, inventory, and the distribution and recovery of workstations
- Provide recommendations or alternative solutions for improving IT processes with a focus on automation
- Work closely with HR to assist in user onboarding/offboarding
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 2+ years of experience providing remote IT support remotely
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written); Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of endpoint security and data loss prevention policies
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Slack Workplace, Atlassian, and other SaaS Administration
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot advanced hardware and software issues in Windows and macOS environments
- Understanding of Enterprise Mobility Management
- Experience with Apple Business Manager
- Excellent listening, verbal/written communication, and documentation skills
- Experience with Bash and Powershell scripting
- Understanding of SAML 2.0 and Google SSO
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.