Sr Engineer Machine Learning
We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don't have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
About the Role :-
Join our team as a Senior ML Engineer responsible for ML driven product improvements. You'll handle the entire process, from data analysis to solution implementation and production deployment. As a vital member of a cross-functional product team, including product managers, ML engineers, ML platform engineers, you'll directly influence our business objectives.
At MetaMap, our ML engineers specialize in computer vision, covering various areas such as document classification, face recognition, video liveness detection, OCR, and document reading. We leverage PyTorch for model development and deploy our ML API using Docker & Kubernetes.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Identify pain points at the team or company level, either on the operational or business level, and set up tools, processes, and other initiatives to improve and solve the problems in the long term
- Be involved in the full lifecycle of new ML feature development: understanding the existing data, building a quick prototype, testing it, implementing a robust production-ready change to our API, deploying it to production (with an AB test) using internal tools
- Solve bugs, be able to investigate our ML pipeline to find root causes
- Train machine learning models, compute metrics, monitor these models once deployed in production
- Part of the job involves longer-term applied machine learning research, but always as a means to solve concrete product needs
- Solve identity-related problems: document detection, document verification, OCR, face detection and recognition, face liveness detection, etc.
- As a Senior ML Engineer, you would be expected to help review design decisions, perform code reviews for services as well as mentor junior engineers.
- We value team members ready to take end-to-end ownership and help take the team and company to the next level. As a team, we are striving for continuous learning and positive feedback to grow together.
Skills & Experience :-
- At least 7 years of experience working as a Machine Learning Engineer or equivalent roles with experience in Computer Vision
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Experience in computer vision, OpenCV
- Strong foundation in linear algebra, probability theory, and statistics, as well as experience with specific machine learning algorithms and libraries for computer vision tasks (OpenCV, Tensorflow/PyTorch/MXNet, etc)
- Experience with deploying machine learning models through containerization.This entails knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes/similar concepts and tooling.
- Experience in face recognition, OCR, document reading
- Experience building world-class APIs
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.