Staff, Product Designer
We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don't have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
About the role
The Staff Product Designer will be the go-to expert on our end-users across geographies, verticals and use cases, leading targeted research to create tailored design solutions. You'll align these initiatives with MetaMap's business goals and foster a culture of design-led innovation. You’ll also establish uniform design systems and guidelines, ensuring efficient delivery without compromising quality.
- Formulate and implement design strategies that closely align with MetaMap's long-term business objectives, ensuring a coherent vision across products
- Instill a culture of design thinking across all departments, making design an integral part of MetaMap’s overall strategy and operation
- Build and maintain standardized design systems, guidelines, and documentation across the organization
- Lead comprehensive user research initiatives to gather insights that inform empathetic and effective design decisions tailored to customer needs
- Regularly evaluate competitive landscapes to identify and leverage design trends and opportunities for MetaMap
- Partner with Brand and Marketing to maintain design cohesion that aligns with MetaMap's brand and marketing objectives
- Execution orientated with an ability to balance between rapid design cycles and in-depth, research-based processes to deliver innovative solutions
- Unafraid to jump in and tackle user problems, but with a mind for operationalising design for scale
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in Product Design, preferably with experience working in startups
- Strong portfolio showcasing diverse design projects, including design systems and operations
- Proven track record in market research, data analysis, and developing strategic plans
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; comfortable presenting to and working with senior executives and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in Spanish and English
- Passionate about understanding and solving for the end-user's needs and experiences
- Excellent at aligning design decisions with broader business goals and objectives
- Committed to fostering a culture of design thinking and collaboration across the organization
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining design systems, guidelines, and processes
- Outstanding at cross-functional collaboration, especially with Brand, Marketing, and Engineering teams
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.