Senior Full Stack Engineer (Remote Belgium)
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Remote Belgium)
At Loctax we're looking for a Senior Full Stack engineer to join our team.
What is Loctax?
We are the first-ever B2B SaaS collaborative tax governance platform.
By bringing together internal and external stakeholders, Loctax helps to achieve full control over tax risks, compliance, advisory projects, audits and other tax responsibilities. It empowers multinational companies to digitalise their tax function and to communicate clearly about their total tax contribution.
Who we are
We are a ‘remote-first’, and a highly collaborative and united bunch with teammates spread across 🇧🇪 🇳🇱 🇬🇧 🇱🇹 🇵🇱 🇫🇷 🇦🇪 🇺🇸.
We strive towards building an informal and transparent company culture while advocating for people from diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be backed by tax industry front-runners as well as top VC funds from 🇪🇺 and 🇺🇸. Building software products that solve complex problems is our passion; we love doing that in a welcoming and motivating environment. Good vibes only ✌️.
About the job
You'll be one of the product engineers, joining a team of 8 engineers.
You will closely work with the CTO and product lead to create and implement end-to-end features for our product. You will be able to dig into various parts of application development as well as give your voice in architecture-related decisions.
As a founding team member, you will get a chance to set the foundations of our engineering culture. You will help articulate our engineering principles and help set the long-term roadmap.
- Code, maintain, and coordinate the evolution of the current application.
- Collaborate with the product team on the definition, evolution and maintenance of our code.
- Help to define strategic initiatives to improve the code, guidelines, processes, tools, infrastructure, and workflows.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues using application logs.
- Review code through Pull Requests.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- You will be based in Belgium, this is a must-have requirement for this position.
- You feel comfortable in a very fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- You are not afraid of complex engineering problems.
- You have 4+ years of industry experience in back-end or full-stack development.
- You have a pragmatic approach to engineering that balances seamless experiences, beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market.
- You have an appreciation for a code-review culture.
- You're curious about new technologies and you're driven to find ways to implement them in your work.
Nice to have
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD), Clean Architecture or Hexagonal Architecture, Event-Driven Architectures
- Experience with AWS (ECS, RDS/Aurora, Lambda, ...)
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Clean Code
Perks of being a Loctaxer…
🌎 Remote first culture - work from home or if you prefer, we can offer you an allowance for a co-working space.
🌴 Annual leave - enhanced holiday plus any local public holidays.
🎂 Birthday day off - enjoy an extra day off on your birthday.
💷 Competitive salary - we pay in line with post-seed stage tech startups.
📈 Share options - the opportunity to participate in our share option plan.
💻 Top tech gear - we provide you with the tech setup of your choice so you can build your ideal remote office (applicable to employees only).
👨🎓 Learning budget - a budget for learning is on us. Whether you want to attend a customer success or tax conference, do a course or purchase books or tools, we want to support you as much as possible.
🏝 Team off-sites - legendary (if we can say so ourselves) team off-sites.
🧠 Mental health support - a free subscription to our employee mental health app, Spill.
🎉 A passionate team that will help you grow as the cheerleader that you are.
The Real Stuff
Loctax embraces and is committed to diversity and equal opportunities. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If this sounds like the sort of environment for you then we'd love to hear from you.
Loctax is the first-ever collaborative tax compliance, risk, and governance platform for global in-house tax teams.
By bringing together internal and external stakeholders, Loctax helps to achieve full control over tax risks, compliance, advisory projects, audits and other tax responsibilities. It empowers multinational companies to digitalise their tax function and to communicate clearly about their total tax contribution