Associate Software Engineer-ROR
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer that brings their own ideas to the table. This person must have significant expertise in ROR, as well as be highly detail oriented and self-driven. Furthermore, they must be able to inspire and mentor others when the need arises. We are looking for someone never says “I do not know how”, or “I have never done that before” - rather a person that says how about we try this
- Architecting and designing scalable backend systems
- Integration and development of various microservices
- Creating unit tests using RSpec
- Reviewing other developers code as well as suggesting improvements
- Algorithm development and general optimization
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborating with various stakeholders including QA, DevOps, PMs and other developers
- At Least 2 years solid experience on Ruby on Rails, including at least one start to finish project where you were the lead developer or a primary contributor.
- Solid understanding of deploying and maintaining Rails apps within the AWS environment.
- Ability to set up workers and deploy across multiple instances.
- Git experience, some would say you are a git master.
- If I asked your previous co-workers about you, they would say you were a good team player
6 Months Deliverable:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other software developers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Lead teams of developers in architecting efficient and reusable systems that drive complex applications across the stack
- Create instrumentation, monitoring, and alerting tools to ensure availability/scalability during peak traffic times and implement solutions to maximize uptime
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues