Builder.ai is looking for an experienced Technical Architect - "Sensei" to join our Delivery team in London on a full time basis working in a hybrid capacity.
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the role
Technical Architects - "Senseis" at Builder play a key role in strategizing and overseeing the technical architecture of customer projects built within our Builder Studio platform. You’d be responsible for implementing customer projects that are scalable and reliable while following best practices and aligning to our technical standards and policies. Sensei’s work closely with our Product Owners and Technical Project Managers to ensure our code development and architecture achieves the highest stakeholder satisfaction.
You will be responsible for
- Defining the technical architecture of customer solutions
- Conducting POC’s and feasibility studies for potential new services and technical integrations
- Evangelising our network of developers to understand and adopt the Builder platform and tooling.
- Researching new technologies and vendors that will improve our delivery capabilities
- Leading the resolution of high-level technical issues
- Identifying process improvement areas and driving automation across the SDLC.
- 5+ years of solid experience with a wide range of web, backend, or mobile technologies.
- Experience in at least one of these languages in a cloud-based ecosystem:
- React Native
- Ability to design scalable and maintainable technical solutions.
- Able to work autonomously and resolve technical issues independently
- Experience coordinating and leading development efforts across multiple projects
- Experience working with off-shore/outsourced teams
- Working knowledge of code review tools and practices
- Experience creating documentation, unit tests, integration tests, security, and load tests.
- Good understanding of GitOps principles.
- Experience presenting technical solutions to customers
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GitLab CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Loki
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, and Digital Ocean.
- Experience with Node.js.
Why You Should Join
The Technical Architect role gives you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of technical challenges with customers who are building products, at scale, for mobile and web using our bespoke platform. You’ll be working at the forefront of cutting-edge AI technology that is disrupting a combined $800 billion (and growing) industry for software build and operate services across the B2C and B2B markets. Come and join the revolution we aim to bring to our customers and make technology accessible and easy for anyone to use!