Head Customer Success Genius
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the role
We are looking for a Customer Success Leader who will be responsible in defining and implementing best practices across a Customer Success team and for our global customer base. Our Head Customer Success Genius will ensure that we provide the very best support to our customers on their Builder products - Studio Store and Studio Pro. Their responsibilities will go beyond supporting the customer's product, as they will also look achieve the maximum value from our platform.
You’ll be leading a global team of Customer Success Geniuses working across our Studio Store and Studio Pro products, from onboarding, adoption and expansion, to renewal, providing customer support at scale and leading the delivery of our subscription Studio One product for ongoing application care and maintenance, enhancement and expansion.
The successful candidate will be customer focused, data driven and able to work successfully at scale. They will be adept at collaborating with teams across the organisation to bring together capabilities that maximise automation and self service solutions for customers.
- Set the customer success strategy, define the target operating model and collaborate across the organisation to ensure continually alignment with sales, technical support and product teams
- Hire and train the very best Customer Success Geniuses to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Assure successful delivery of our Studio One subscription product in line with our commitments
- Lead and scale our support capability to provide customer support globally, across product lines, and through multiple channels
- Take a data driven approach with relevant lead / lag indicator dashboards to monitor weekly and monthly performance of team against key customer success KPIs
- Optimise, manage and oversee all relevant execution processes, making the customer experience as smooth as possible, and at all times optimising for customer happiness
- Define (and continuously refine) customer success best practices and processes across our global teams
- Take the lead as hands-on Customer Success Genius for our our most important customers
- Line manage the team, creating a strong team culture, conducting regular 1-1s and team meetings, ensuring decisions, plans, goals are shared, and that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Lead by example when necessary, by taking a hands-on approach with clients, demonstrating to your direct reports what best-in-class looks like both in terms of operational effectiveness and client communication.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Customer Success leader or similar role for fast scaling SaaS products
- Experience in building and scaling a customer success capability through few thousand customers to tens of thousands of customers
- Experience working with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Experience working with data to understand trends and formulate action plans
- Accountability, personal organisation, and high degree of customer empathy are essential
- Experience in managing a diverse group and training each according to company standard
- Attractive quarterly OKR bonus plan or commission scheme dependant on your role
- Stock options in a $450 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous Referral Bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- Private Medical Insurance provided by AXA
- Private Dental Insurance provided by Bupa
- Access to our Perkbox