Senior Technical Product Manager
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the role
We’re looking for a humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp Technical Product Manager who can seamlessly translate product vision to technical execution. Like us, you take product development, data driven product design, analytics, ML and AI powered platforms seriously; you’re passionate about technology enabled products and, even more so, about enabling team excellence. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That’s where you come in.
This is a challenging and diverse role that the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading by influence without necessarily having formal authority. Last, we are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product management leaders.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the nature and management of technical debt
- Possess solid analytical ability such that you can build meaningful cases for or against an idea.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate business ideas to an engineering team
- Ability to clearly articulate and demonstrate the value of engineering solutions to non technical stakeholders.
- An expert understanding of technical product and project management leadership in globally geo distributed environments, including at least 1 year of experience with cloud based ecosystems, preferably with emphasis on microservices/API integrations.
- CS degree required or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand current engineering principles while verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical, product or executive leadership
- Experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies with outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid understanding of SDLC fundamentals
- Working understanding of SQL and strong understanding of data-driven product development concepts
- Basic understanding of Pivotal Tracker or Jira like tools, GitHub, CD/CI and IDE tools
- Previous experience with or good understanding of PaaS platforms is a plus
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $250 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A "work from home" equipment allowance