We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the Role
Builder is looking for an experienced Delivery Lead to join us and play a key role ensuring our Delivery teams continually deliver the highest level of quality and service to our customers. You'll lead and coach a 10-12 team of Customer Product Owners - "Productologists" focusing on the adoption & optimisation of best practices, ways of working, and technologies that enable autonomy and empowerment of the team whilst promoting effective cross-functional delivery across teams.
About the Team
Productologists at Builder.ai play a key role turning our customer’s dream and vision into a software reality. As part of the Delivery Team, Productologists work as the customer product owner in educating, guiding and advising on the use of our reusable code Blocks to develop the customer’s app whilst providing excellent customer service across the roadmap. Productologists work closely with our Ninjas (software delivery managers) and Senseis (technical architects) throughout the software development lifecycle to deliver what the customer asked for.
Why Should You Join
The Delivery Lead role will give you the opportunity to lead and oversee the delivery of all Builder's customer projects in the United States. You’ll be working at the forefront of cutting-edge AI technology that is disrupting a combined $800 billion (and growing) industry for software build and operate services across the B2C and B2B markets.
You will be responsible for
- Leading and developing a high performing team of Productologists by identifying areas for improvement at individual level.
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement and streamlining our delivery processes & Agile ways of working
- Providing oversight, quality assurance and point of escalation for the work of our Delivery teams
- Overseeing Builder's portfolio of customer app builds and ensuring teams are on track with their deliverables
- Analyzing project outcomes and identifying areas for process improvement.
- Communicating project updates, progress reports, and potential roadblocks to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Recognising risk in agreed customer delivery plans, ensuring our teams are clear and transparent in their communications with customers regarding concerns and action required
- Monitor project progress using data dashboards, identify potential risks, and proactively implement mitigation strategies that help at scaling the portfolio.
- Maintaining a high performing team by helping to attract, retain and develop talent.
- Developing the capabilities of the team through structured training and mentoring to drive delivery excellence and career development and progression.
- Collaborating with peers in Sales, Delivery, Product and our Capacity Network to solve tactical and strategic issues in order to achieve both customer satisfaction and Builder’s business objectives.
- 8+ years in software delivery (product ownership, scrum, delivery management)
- Track record of leading and developing high performing teams
- A strong understanding of software development methodologies, technologies, and best practices.
- Proven experience adopting and optimising Agile ways of working
- Experience overseeing large portfolios of customer/client projects
- Excellent Communication skills to engage with both our customers and your teams
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business/delivery management, or related field
Nice to haves
- Tech scale-up experience
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $100 million funded Series C scale-up company
- Remote working, with occasional team days in one of our offices
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Private medical with Blue Shield
- A "work from home" equipment allowance