Customer Product Owner - "Productologist"
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the Role
Customer Product Owners (Productologists) at Builder.ai play a key role turning our customer’s dream and vision into a software reality. As part of the Delivery Team, Productologists work as the customer's Product Owner in educating, guiding and advising on the use of our reusable code Blocks to develop the customer’s app whilst providing excellent customer service across the roadmap. Productologists work closely with our Ninjas (software delivery managers) and Senseis (technical architects) throughout the software development lifecycle to deliver what the customer asked for.
It all begins with our Spec Call. As a Productologist you’re responsible for leading the Spec Call with our customer, ensuring you’ve translated the customer’s vision into a detailed proposal which we call a Buildcard. You’ll then scope, plan, implement, and track specific short-term deliverables up to the design phase, including capturing user flows, working with designers and laying out highly detailed product requirements, managing the product roadmap and collaborating with the execution team to ensure the customer’s product is delivered to a world class standard.
You will be responsible for
- Understanding the customer’s goals and advising technical and non-technical stakeholders on how to achieve those goals using our technology.
- Being an expert and evangelist for the Builder.ai platform, and in how to deploy our capabilities to maximise customer success.
- Collaborating with the Customer, Sales Team, Design and Execution Team to create the product roadmap and set release scope & objectives.
- Creating product documentation, user flows, and rough wireframes, and working with designers to refine the customer experience into a polished, shippable product.
- Clarifying, identifying, and tracking requirements and issues, removing barriers, and escalating project issues where required.
- Helping to drive and contribute towards continuous improvement across the Delivery Organisation.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- A background in product ownership or project management in software development
- Experience managing multiple projects at scale in cross functional teams
- Expert in capturing and communicating high quality requirements to customers and technical teams
- Sound knowledge of UI/UX and ability to convey the user journey via high fidelity designs
- Excellent communication skills to engage with our customers in a professional and respectful manner as the representative of Builder.ai.
- Commercially aware and able to support sales in closing customers
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Nice to haves
- Experience building and launching a mobile app.
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
Why Should You Join
The Productologist role gives you the opportunity to help solve a wide variety of business challenges with customers who are building products, at scale, for mobile and web using our bespoke platform. You’ll be working at the forefront of cutting-edge AI technology that is disrupting a combined $800 billion (and growing) industry for software build and operate services across the B2C and B2B markets. Come join the revolution we aim to bring to our customers and make technology accessible and easy for anyone to use.
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $100 million funded Series C scale-up company
- Remote working, with occasional team days in one of our offices
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Private medical with Blue Shield
- A "work from home" equipment allowance