We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the role
We’re looking for a talented, ambitious and creative Conversation Designer. You’ve got an engaging writing style and can research, design and deliver multimodal conversational apps and services. At Builder.ai, your home will be in our copy team, but day-to-day, you'll work closely with the product, design, customer success and NLP engineering teams.
You’ll need a deep appreciation of language and HCI and a technical understanding of what's possible at the cutting edge (including use of LLMs in conversational interfaces). We use generative models for certain interactions, so an understanding and interest in prompt engineering will also be useful.
We're looking for someone who can challenge our existing approaches and work to build best practice.
- Creating conversational flows and prototypes - Translating the user journey into a conversational flow that helps them achieve their goals.
- Design evaluations - Joining design critiques and usability reviews to share your feedback on existing designs and suggest improvements.
- User research - Conducting interviews, surveys and usability tests to gather insights about user needs and preferences.
- Analysing user feedback - Suggesting refinements based on the insights you’ve gained from user feedback, transcripts and product analytics.
- Keeping up with industry trends - Staying updated on the latest voice and conversation design principles, tools and techniques – to enhance your skills and contribute fresh ideas to the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as a conversation designer using digital, voice or multimodal interfaces
- Familiarity with NLP, journey intent creation, user research and text analytics
- A working understanding of speech and language technologies
- Experience working on projects from inception to shipping product
- Clear and engaging writing style with a sense of fun
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $250 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A "work from home" equipment allowance