Platform Support Manager
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Platform Support Manager to join our international and fast-paced team at a stage where you can really make a difference. Our organisation is growing from 800 to a 1500 globally dispersed organisation, where customer service, security and training are essential parts of the role. We are disrupting the software engineering industry, growing our global presence, and working with big-name partners to continue our rocket-like trajectory. This role not only gives you significant exposure to the inner-workings of the start-up scene, but it also is an opportunity to take your leadership skills to the next level.
We are looking for a Platform Support manager that brings their own ideas to the table. This person would be responsible and accountable for making sure all of our systems are running smoothly, securely, and within the limits of the specifications. This person must be cost conscious, customer service focused and have the experience in training and onboarding new joiners with the IT requirements we offer them. They must be well versed and aware of all the industry best practices and processes. They must be detail oriented and self driven.
We want someone who is passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken. Someone who has a strong drive and sense of ownership of the challenges we take on, coupled with a team-oriented, can-do attitude.
- A systematic debugging and problem solving methodology
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Experience in network administration, installation and configuration
- Knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and various hardware/software systems
- Standardize equipment acquisition process: identify and vet vendors, create formal system for employee equipment requests
- Manage IT staff and assist in recruitment and training
- Optimize current conferencing system
- Design and develop systems and policies to ensure high availability of all office systems and tools
- Optimize UPS system to ensure zero downtime for the office
- Ensure general office network is up to par
- Ensure security and high-availability of our data and networks
- Design and develop systems and policies
- Has scaled an IT Support team from supporting 500 people to 2500 people
- Someone who can make the right tradeoffs between being perfect and being productive
- You can take direction on what needs to be done, but you're self-directed and complete your work without someone looking over your shoulder
- When there is something in between you and your goal, you do what it takes to learn, solve problems, and just make things happen
- Lead the internal IT support team in our day-to-day IT operations, equipment provisioning, user access management, endpoint maintenance, & contributing to the overall improvement of our IT stack
- Provide end-user support to executive staff, and advice regarding standard office applications and best practices as it evolves with company needs
- Ensure Licensing Management
- Support onboarding / off-boarding employees on corporate systems
- Create and update manuals and documentation
- Analyzes software and hardware needs for the organization.
- Oversees and facilitates the installation and maintenance of IT systems, hardware, and software.
- Identifies and recommends upgrades and changes to hardware and software, maintaining efficient and effective operations in the organization.
- Facilitates and oversees the technical support and helpdesk roles, ensuring effective and helpful support is provided to end users.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in information technology, alerting senior staff of the effects widespread software and hardware revisions, changes, and discontinuation will have on the organizations systems and operations.
- Coordinates and schedules large-scale software and hardware installations.
- Ensures IS-related projects and tasks are completed within specifications, on time, and within budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical for self, spouse and children.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays.
- Generally flexible working hours.
- Working in our newly constructed beautiful office space based out at Gurugram.
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it.
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place.