Director of Performance Marketing
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
Why we need this role
We are looking for a Director of Performance Marketing to join our international Growth team in London and play a fundamental role in helping the company achieve its ambitious growth targets. We utilize a variety of channels, run hundreds of campaigns globally and we want to bolster up our performance marketing team with an experienced performance marketing leader. We are looking for someone who is able to lead & grow the team and to create a predictable and scalable digital customer acquisition machine. You will have full ownership of our performance marketing budget across all paid media channels, and the execution and constant testing of these. If you are someone who thrives at the intersection of performance marketing, data and product you will love this role.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and implement comprehensive performance marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth across various paid media channels including Paid Search, Paid Social, display advertising and more
- Plan, execute, and optimize performance marketing campaigns targeting B2B buyers and decision-makers in multiple markets globally. Tailor campaign approaches to specific markets and customer audiences
- Collaborate with internal teams, including sales, marketing and finance, to ensure alignment between performance marketing efforts and overall business objectives.
- Lead, motivate and grow the existing team of 8, foster a collaborative and results-driven culture
- Establish campaign tracking and reporting frameworks to measure campaign effectiveness and ROI for both sales and self-serve funnels
- Conduct analysis on campaign performance, ROI, conversion metrics and website traffic to optimise all performance marketing activities
- Analyse the performance and effectiveness of each campaign. Drive independent optimisation plans including campaign targeting, messaging and creative elements
- Adopt a continual ‘test and learn’ approach to all performance marketing activities.
- Manage paid media agencies and/or contractors as needed to execute performance strategies
- 10+ years experience leading performance or digital marketing in a fast growing B2B technology company, with a focus on demand generation
- B.A in Marketing or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience of team leadership experience, and excited to grow a team
- Track record of paid spend optimisation across countries and channels & managing $10m+ budgets. Expert level understanding of digital marketing best practices.
- Experience with building a performance marketing engine across tracking, attribution, automation, and optimisation
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mindset, capable of extracting insights from campaign data and making data-backed recommendations.
- Excellent knowledge of MarTech and AdTech solutions as well as digital data analytics and programmatic platforms (e.g., Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads Manager, Google Analytics)
- Experience with marketing automation tools and CRM including Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.
- Have familiarity with 3rd-party tracking vendors and integrating with social platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners in an international environment
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $250 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A "work from home" equipment allowance