Financial Systems Manager
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuilding with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Financial Systems Manager to lead the implementation, and improvement of our core financial systems as well as enhancing our reporting capabilities. This is a key role involved in planning, testing and implementing major changes and updates to the various financial systems used across the organisation. This role will provide finance systems support for various functions within the organisation and responsible for core elements of the month-end close process.
Why we need this role
To drive the inegrations and maintenance of our finance systems and ensure these are set up to perform at an optimum level (NetSuite, Billing, Expenses, Payment Processing, Vendor Management, Approvals, etc.)
Why you should join
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Finance leadership team to contribute towards shaping the structure of our financial systems. If you are someone who likes to lead projects and want to be at the intersection of finance, systems, data and growth, you will love this role.
What will you be doing
- Working as a systems finance subject matter expert supporting steady state processes and changes in financial systems and processes
- Implement and improve critical financial systems that support our core business processes
- Month-end processes and systems support; including creation of monthly reports required by management, monitoring system behaviour and key posting processes
- Maintenance of finance systems including master data, query resolution
- Evolve reporting capabilities, dashboards and KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement and Business Process Improvement ("BPI") initiatives throughout Finance and the wider organization
- Working with ERP Systems: the candidate will possess detailed knowledge of NetSuite and a BI and Datawarehouse environment (Qlik)
- Experience with all aspects of month-end accounting processes and reconciliations
- Experience developing reports based on ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Data Querying, tooling and SQL experience
- Self-starter and track record of upgrading/implementing finance systems
- Constant focus on improvement of processes and controls
Other skills required
- Highly IT literate and an aptitude for problem solving
- Financial Accounting skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent in a Finance / Business related subject
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- 24 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and have fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place
- Medical insurance