Full Stack Software Engineer - React/Node
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the role
As a React/Node developer, you will play a pivotal role in the development and sustenance of our cutting-edge React and React Native frameworks, libraries, and pre-built features. This dynamic responsibility entails close collaboration with fellow developers, collectively striving to infuse efficiency, scalability, and sustainability into our codebase. Your leadership will extend to nurturing code quality throughout the organization, underscored by the development and management of code review tooling written in Node.js, tailored specifically for scrutinizing React and React Native code. Your expertise and dedication will significantly contribute to shaping the core of our technology, fostering a culture of excellence and innovation across the board.
- Bachelors in engineering degree or equivalent
- A number of years development experience of which at least 3 years as an individual contributor in a multi-platform team
- Substantial commercial hands-on experience with ReactJS and NodeJS
- Working knowledge of standard CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis)
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer.
- Experience developing desktop applications for Linux / Mac / Windows
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages / frameworks and libraries
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., PostgreSQL), web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx) and UI/UX design
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $250 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A "work from home" equipment allowance