Technical Project Manager - Ninja
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the Role
Ninja’s at Builder.ai play a key role turning our customer’s dream and vision into a software reality. As part of the Delivery Team, Ninja’s work as the Software Delivery Manager responsible for the end to end execution of customer-facing mobile and web applications. This is a hands-on position where the Ninja will be involved in release planning, functional and technical design & specification, testing, working with key strategic partners, remote capacity management and more.
What we are looking for
We're looking for individuals with a proven track record of managing complex, customer-facing software development projects under demanding timelines, and working as part of a distributed global team. Ideally we're looking for someone with a hands on technical background who is comfortable working with software engineers and able to perform tasks like code reviews. If you are passionate about helping customers achieve their goals and excited by the use of AI and reusable functionality to build software; we’d love to hear from you!
Why Should You Join
The Ninja role gives you the opportunity to help solve a wide variety of business challenges with customers who are building products, at scale, for mobile and web using our bespoke platform. You’ll be working at the forefront of cutting-edge AI technology that is disrupting a combined $800 billion (and growing) industry for software build and operate services across the B2C and B2B markets.
You will be responsible for:
- Assembling project plans, giving teamwork assignments, identifying resource needs and escalating any issues appropriately.
- Day to day management of projects end to end, ensuring adherence to Builder delivery processes to ensure consistent high quality end results.
- Recognising and mitigating risk in the agreed delivery to the customer, managing and communicating any concerns to minimise impact.
- Identifying delivery process improvements and sharing with team members and leadership to drive continuous improvement across the Delivery Organisation.
- Previous experience in software delivery as a technical project manager, delivery manager or hands-on developer/engineer
- Ability to both participate and lead requirements gathering, scrum, status meetings.
- Strong technical proficiency, specifically relating to mobile and web application development, systems integration, quality assurance and product release and support requirements.
- Ability to develop project/product plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations and constraints
- Able to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Can easily shift between the "big picture” and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Learn and adapt to new tools quickly
- CSM / PMP certification
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $100 million funded Series C scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A "work from home" equipment allowance