Director of Global Sales Operations & Strategy
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
Why we need this role?
We are looking for a Director of Global Sales Operations & Strategy to help scale our fast growing sales operations and achieve our ambitious growth targets. The role will include designing and implementing world class sales strategies, processes and infrastructure to improve and support the operation of the direct sales, sales development and partnerships teams. You will drive sales planning, performance reporting, sales pipeline analysis, sales enablement and technology stack alignment. You should have a proven record in working with international sales teams, performance marketing and analytics functions. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, analytical and process-driven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can think outside the box to identify and execute initiatives that drive efficient revenue growth and operational excellence, partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver results.
Why You Should Join
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to scale and drive a sales operations function and its strategy for a fast-moving tech scale-up with an international presence. It’s an exciting time to join Builder and lead a sales operations function, making sure our sales machine works seamlessly. You will build and rapidly grow a team of sales operations specialists and will work very closely with senior leadership at Builder across sales, partnerships, marketing, growth, finance, data & engineering.
- Help define the sales strategy and operating model across markets and customer segments to achieve our revenue goals
- Establish and lead a sales operations rhythm including weekly reporting, monthly business reviews, pipeline management and forecasting to help sales teams meet their targets
- Drive Sales performance management via analysis (scorecard) & reporting incl. win rate by category, deals by stage and through-flow, won deals time to revenue, deal performance
- Own and refine our sales technology stack end-to-end, including Salesforce / CRM and sales automation tools, and drive the adoption of these tools across the sales organization
- Oversee CRM administration including data governance, user management, account management, data quality and integrity
- Define and implement a sales enablement strategy to ensure the sales teams have the right knowledge and skills to be successful
- Define, implement and optimize core sales processes, ensuring that the teams adhere to guidelines and driving efficiency improvements through process improvement and automation
- Partner with the Finance team on setting revenue and sales targets, and with the Analytics team on developing dashboards to measure sales performance
- Lead the identification, coordination and removal of performance obstacles for faster delivery to support sales and client retention efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or a quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience in sales operations, business operations and/or relevant experience in consulting, with a focus on B2B technology sales
- At least 5 years of sales operations management experience, including extensive experience working with Salesforce and other sales automation tools
- Experience driving sales operations for various sales channels and company segments (from large enterprises to SMBs)
- Have demonstrable experience in building, growing, and leading a great team
- Proven track record of managing sales operations with a large volume of inbound leads
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Superior Excel / Google sheet analysis skills including modeling
- Excellent influencing skills, able to engage and gain commitment from peers and an extended stakeholder community
- Superior communication and written presentation skills (using Powerpoint, Google Slides)
- Experience with data visualization tools and with marketing automation tools a plus
- Proven track record identifying opportunities to improve business processes that impact global sales performance
- Highly organised, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- 24 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays + 2 Family Days off and time off between Christmas & New Year
- Generally flexible working hours
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and have fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place
- Medical insurance