Software Support Engineer - Assembly Line
Innovation is fueled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree. It was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky, and ultimately, too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever completed on budget and worse yet, 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or participate in boot camps to learn how to make an app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI-powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas. Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and all you have to do is wait until it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder.ai
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning speed and it’s certainly not for the faint of heart. We celebrate diversity and push everyone to do more with less, while creating and championing a culture that empowers everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale-up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together and savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer that brings their own ideas to the table. This person must have significant expertise in ROR, as well as be highly detail oriented and self-driven. Furthermore, they must be able to inspire and mentor others when the need arises. We are looking for someone never says “I do not know how”, or “I have never done that before” - rather a person that says how about we try this
We’re looking for a humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp engineer who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take product development and platform engineering seriously; you’re passionate about technology and, even more so, about leadership. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That’s where you come in. Our selection process will emphasize technical and architectural skills as well as organizational skills equally. The ideal candidate must have solid demonstrable experience in their domain in running production cloud based systems. Furthermore, the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. We are looking for someone who's equally comfortable leading by influence or authority. Last, we are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product management leaders.
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a talented support engineer who has proven experience of providing exceptional technical assistance and support to customers, clients, or internal users. Your primary role will be to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to Builder’s products, services, or software while maintaining internal SLAs.
- Solid experience in DevOps structure, including at least 1-2 years in a cloud based rapid delivery environment.
- Proficiency with a high level programming language, preferably Ruby on Rails and React.
- Experience in fast-paced and dynamic SRE or Production Support engineering teams.
- A proven track record/work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems related to CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to analyse error messages, logs, and system configurations to identify the root cause of issues.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Good technical writing skills to create and maintain documentation such as knowledge base articles, FAQs, SOPs and troubleshooting guides.
- Knowledge of git essential.
- Strong customer service orientation, with a focus on delivering exceptional support experiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience with Kanban / Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Proven experience of working with ClickUp, Freshdesk or ServiceNow
- Strong automation and CI / CD experience
- Working knowledge of bash
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical for self, spouse and children
- Performance-based bonuses
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Working in our newly constructed beautiful office space based out at Gurugram
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place