Data Science Manager
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
Why We Need This Role
We have created and deployed the Builder Knowledge Graph (BKG) that serves as a repository of all information on the software domain. Our BKG powers many important AI applications around estimating costs and timelines of software, giving recommendations to customers during software configuration and automating steps in the software assembly and execution. However, we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in this space.
We would like an experienced hand to come in and lead our future efforts to test the art of what is possible in using AI to drive the automated specification, assembly, management and the execution of software projects.
What you'll be working on:
- Exploit the knowledge in BKG at finding innovative applications of AI during end to end automated software management
- Advance our state of the art in using representation learning to create embeddings that power various machine learning applications
- Explore ideas around incorporating context to build personalised recommendation algorithms for targeted customer suggestions
- Exploring the use of reinforcement learning or similar continuous learning principles to evolve the BKG
- Take ideas from concept (possibly in academic literature) to production
- 6+ Years experience
- 2+ years leading a team of at least 2-3 people
- PhD in a scientific discipline with significant programming foundations such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics among others
- Proficient in programming in at least one high level programming language. Python experience preferable
- At least 2 years of production experience in conceptualising, developing and productionising AI systems
- Experience in building personalised recommender systems
- Core understanding of representation learning
- Core understanding of deep learning principles applied to structured and unstructured data
- Experience in working within cross functional teams
- Understanding product priorities and goals and aligning research, development and execution initiatives to such goals
- Generating and testing hypotheses for future product features
- Some background in knowledge graphs, optimisation and reinforcement learning would be very beneficial
- Attractive performance related quarterly bonus
- Stock options in a $250 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A "work from home" equipment allowance