Revenue Accounting and Assurance Manager
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning speed and it’s certainly not for the faint of heart. We celebrate diversity and push everyone to do more with less, while creating and championing a culture that empowers everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale-up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together and savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWillYouBuild
About The Opportunity
This role will give you an Oppurtunity to work with growing startup with challenges that will ultimately lead to your overall growth as will be able to see things from scratch.
This role is about Accurate revenue recognition with proper documentation and controls . To get data audited without any difficulty.
Some of the Responsibilities will be:
1) Ensure revenue recognition is in accordance with the company's policy and SaaS revenue recognition accounting standard ASC 606 and IFRS
2) Maintaining end to end revenue process documentation
3) Identify and implement internal controls over revenue reporting and process improvements
4) Responsible to design Revenue Assurance systems by working closely with billing team and enabling effective reconciliations on transaction level
5) Interact with Legal, Sales ops, FPNA. Sales, Pricing and Product Groups on Project, deal structuring, contract clauses related to revenue recognition.
6) Manage Projects including proposal for improvement
7) Experience to work in multi geography environment & GAAP understanding
8) Understand complexity of Unbilled revenue, Deferred revenue, promotions accounting etc
9) Assist with financial audits including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors
10) Implement Proactive early warning indicators red flags, patterns/exceptions through Data Analytics.
11) Should be good in presenting facts with data.
12) Actively participate in new system initiatives, including configuration and upkeep of NetSuite's revenue streams
13) Assist with period-end close activities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 5-6 years of experience in B4 audit firm having experince in audit or consultancy of tech companies.
- Good understaing of International revenue recognition standards
- Good drafting skill from commentary to accounting flows for each revenue stream.
- Medical benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generally flexible working hours
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place