Technical Product Manager
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
We’re looking for a humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp Technical Product Manager who can seamlessly translate product vision to technical execution. Like us, you take product development, data driven product design, analytics, ML and AI powered platforms seriously; you’re passionate about technology enabled products and, even more so, about enabling team excellence. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That’s where you come in.
This is a challenging and diverse role that the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading by influence without necessarily having formal authority. Last, we are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product management leaders.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the nature and management of technical debt
- Possess solid analytical ability such that you can build meaningful cases for or against an idea.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate business ideas to an engineering team
- Ability to clearly articulate and demonstrate the value of engineering solutions to non technical stakeholders.
- 2+ plus years solid experience in and expert understanding of technical product and project management leadership in globally geo distributed environments, including at least 1 year of experience with cloud based ecosystems, preferably with emphasis on microservices/API integrations.
- CS degree required or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand current engineering principles while verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical, product or executive leadership
- Experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies with outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid understanding of SDLC fundamentals
- Working understanding of SQL and strong understanding of data-driven product development concepts
- Basic understanding of Pivotal Tracker or Jira like tools, GitHub, CD/CI and IDE tools
- Previous experience with or good understanding of PaaS platforms is a plus
- Performance-based bonuses paid on a quarter-by-quarter basis
- Stock options in a $100 million funded Series C scale-up company
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Generous pension contributions
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy
- (benefits are currently under review so hoping to offer a lot more soon!)