AM/ Manager- Financial Reporting & GL
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
We are looking for a versatile & experienced finance manager to join builder.ai accounting & controllership team. This role is global and will support all aspects of record to report and audits. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, has a passion for building process and automation, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a natural flair for associating and connecting with people at all levels. Must have a strong background in working on sophisticated ERP system and technical knowledge of Indian and International accounting GAAP.
Why do we need this role ?
The requirement is for an objective person to add value and improve our financial reporting and GL operations by creating policies framework, standardized processes, and implementing efficient financial systems.
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to handle entire gamut of financial reporting & audits of a rapidly growing organization and help in scaling the global financial reporting processes and systems.
- Perform month/year-end closing activities and prepare necessary reconciliations as per global closing calendar and country GAAP.
- Ensure the accuracy of GL balances.
- Experience in global consolidation of financial statements.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and actualization
- Review Balance Sheet clearing accounts on a periodical basis and prepare reconciliation for any open and clearing items
- Review Capex clearing account and ensure timely capitalization.
- Perform intercompany accounts reconciliation and ensures that inter-company invoicing follows inter-company agreements
- Adhere to standard accounting principles, management guidelines, and company procedures
- Support controllers & auditors in conducting internal and external audits
- Preparation of audit schedules and handling audit requirements
- Driving automation through financial systems
- Draft Accounting policies and Memos as per applicable accounting GAAPs
The successful candidate should possess the CA/CPA.
- 6-7 years of relevant experience in GL accounting and audits of India and International operations
- Previous position preferably in a Start-up or a Tech company.
- Experience of managing ERP system and other financial systems. Preferably NetSuite,Chargebee, etc.
- Proficiency in managing accounting of high growth operations in global environment.
- Good understanding of business and financial issues
- Ability to work in tight deadlines.
- Candidates should have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical for self, spouse and children.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays.
- Generally flexible working hours.
- Working in our newly constructed beautiful office space based out at Gurugram.
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it.
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place.