Technical Project Manager- "Ninja"
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
About the Role
Description – Project Manager/ Technical Project Manager/ Scrum Master- Mobile Applications
A Ninja is part of the Builder.ai Delivery team, which is responsible for making the customer’s dream and vision a software reality. The Technical Project Management team is responsible for the end to end execution of customer-facing mobile and web applications. This is a hands-on position where the Ninja (Project Manager) will be involved in release planning, functional and technical design and specification, testing, working with key strategic partners, remote capacity and more.
What we are looking for
We're looking for individuals with a proven track record of managing complex, customer-facing software development projects under demanding timelines, and working as part of a distributed global team. We thrive on customer success and our customers trust us to deliver long lasting value and a great return on investment. If you are passionate about helping customers achieve their goals, building high quality products using reusable software building blocks; we will want to talk!
You will be responsible for:
- Assembling project plans, giving teamwork assignments, identifying resource needs and escalating any issues appropriately.
- Day to day management of projects end to end, ensuring adherence to Builder delivery processes to ensure consistent high quality end results.
- Recognising and mitigating risk in the agreed delivery to the customer, managing and communicating any concerns to minimise impact.
- Identifying delivery process improvements and sharing with team members and leadership to drive continuous improvement across the Delivery Organisation.
- Strong facilitation skills needed to lead and participate in requirements sessions, scrum meetings, progress and status meetings.
- Strong technical proficiency, especially relating to mobile applications, web applications and development, systems integration, quality assurance and product release and support requirements.
- Ability to develop project/product plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Must be able to grasp issues quickly and while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations and constraints, able to make educated decisions in the absence of complete information,
- Cool, calm, collected and collaborative, able to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Can shift readily between the "big picture” and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Learning and adopting new tools very quickly.
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Extremely detailed oriented and organised
- Have the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognise when problems surface or potential problems are looming.
- He/she should be capable of taking on different challenges and making things possible even though they seem impossible at first.
- CSM / PMP certification
- Health and wellness benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Employee friendly policies
- Generous vacation and time off benefits, including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours