Technical Architect- "Sensei"
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI-powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint-hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale-up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild.
We are looking for a versatile & out of box innovator who will be at the forefront of cutting-edge AI technology that is disrupting a combined $800 billion (and growing) industry for software build and operate services, selling into both the B2C and B2B markets.
Why We Need This Role
Sensei's (Technical Architects) at Builder play a pivotal role implementing customer projects that are scalable and reliable while following best practices and aligning to our technical standards and policies. You'd partner with Productologists (Product Owners) and Ninjas (Scrum Masters) to oversea the work of developers to ensure that the code development and architecture achieves the highest stakeholder satisfaction.
Why You Should Join
This role will give you the experience of different types of project building solutions at scale using the bespoke tooling of builder. Also, you will be part of the digital revolution we aim to bring to our customers and make technology accessible and easy to use for anyone.
You will be responsible for
- Evangelising our network of developers to understand and adopt the Builder platform and tooling.
- Acting as the final checkpoint for new developers joining our platform.
- Collaborating with the Customer, Sales Team, Designer and Execution Team to design technical solutions for customers.
- Presenting solutions to enterprise customers.
- Leading the resolution of technical problems.
- Ensuring code quality and best practices are followed across all assigned projects.
- Identify process improvement areas and drive innovation in automating parts of the SDLC.
- 5+ years of solid experience with a wide range of web, backend, or mobile technologies.
- Mastery of at least one of the following languages in a cloud-based ecosystem: Ruby, React and React Native
- Experience presenting technical solutions to customers.
- A proven track record of designing scalable and maintainable technical solutions.
- Experience leading development efforts across multiple projects or workstreams in parallel.
- Experience working with off-shore/outsourced developers across different time zones.
- Experience with code review tools and practices to ensure best practices are followed and code quality gates are achieved.
- Experience with creating documentation, unit tests, integration tests, security, and load tests.
- Solid Understanding of GitOps principles.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GitLab CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, along with an ability to troubleshoot infrastructure and/or application issues across these tools.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, and Digital Ocean.
- Experience with Python and/or Node.js.
- Medical benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generally flexible working hours
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place