Associate Test Automation Engineer
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
We are looking for a technical leader to help us achieve and maintain maximum potential in areas of rapid software delivery, automation, security, and quality.
At Builder.ai we believe that anyone, irrespective of technical knowledge, should be able to build and operate technology. We make software accessible to everyone.
We are an AI-assisted platform building, maintaining and running bespoke software for our customers, making it faster, more accessible and less expensive for everyone to bring their ideas to life.
We’re looking for experienced engineers that enjoy a fast-paced startup environment, who are comfortable taking the lead on technical solutions, helping mentor and train junior engineers as well as taking the initiative to contribute across the business where they can.
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a technologist to help us achieve and maintain maximum potential in areas of scale, automation, security, and fault tolerance. This includes everything from multi-cloud application deployment to performance optimisation, orchestration and continuity.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to build the platform and deployment tooling, nearly from the ground up. Only join this role if you are craving rapid growth, able to create a path in unchartered territory, and comfortable with trying, failing and course-correcting fast.
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop and extend automated test coverage.
- Develop Automation tests; writing test scripts, analyze test cases, and reporting.
- Hands on experience in writing API and UI Automation tests
- Creates traceability records, from manual test cases to automation tests and back to requirements
- Work closely with team members to understand automation requirements and provide a automation service
- Provides regular quality reports on test progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with project testing
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies providing the QA perspective and input into every user story and refinement session.
- Takes delivery as primary responsibility and must have a can do attitude in Manual testing if need arises.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Minimum 2-4 years in test automation, ideally with a background in software engineering.
- Develop and extend automated tests as part of the development workflow.
- Experience in automating tests at API & UI level and improving testing effectiveness.
- Practical experience with high level programming languages, in particular Python, Ruby or TypeScript JS.
- A good understanding of testing RESTful APIs as a mandate for this position.
- Expertise in the end-to-end software development life cycle.
- Experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean code, package management).
- Collaborative and team oriented individual.
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly and take corrective actions.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a very young, energetic and infectious work atmosphere
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place