Customer Product Owner - "Productologist"
We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
About the Role
A Productologist is part of the Builder.ai Delivery team, who is responsible for making the customer’s dream and vision a software reality. A Productologist works as the customers product manager and ensures they understand the customer vision as well as providing excellent customer experience. A Productologist will educate, guide and advise in the development of the customer’s app. The Productologist will work closely with our Ninjas (our project execution team) and Senseis (technical architects) in developing the customer's product.
A Productologist is able to plan, track and implement all project deliverables. They are comfortable in taking customers through the journey of app development, liaising with the customer about their responsibilities in decision making and changes to the requirements.
It all begins with our Spec Call. A Productologist is responsible for leading the Spec Call with our customer. A Spec Call is where we look to translate the customer’s vision into a detailed proposal which we call our Buildcard. The goal is to capture 80-90% of an understanding of the app (or software) the customer is looking to create, the related features needed for the app and the sub-feature details. The outcome we look for with a Spec Call is to convert the potential customer into a paying customer.
As a Productologist you will scope, plan, implement, and track specific short-term deliverables up to the design phase. Capturing user flows, working with designers and laying out highly detailed product requirements, strategising the customer's product roadmap and collaborating with the execution team to ensure the customer gets the product they asked for at the start of the journey and delivered into their hands by the end.
You will be responsible for
- Analyzing the structure of a business, understanding its goals, and advising technical and non-technical stakeholders on how to achieve those goals through technology.
- Being an expert and evangelist for the Builder.ai platform, and in how to deploy our capabilities to maximise customer success.
- Collaborating with the Customer, Sales Team, Designer and Execution Team to create the product roadmap, and set release scope and objectives.
- Creating product documentation, user flows, and rough wireframes, and working with designers to refine the customer experience into a polished, shippable product.
- Communicating, translating, and simplifying business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Working with the Technical team to ensure that they understand what the customer wants to achieve, all the way through to detailed specifications.
- Clarifying, identifying, and tracking requirements and issues, removing barriers, resolving project issues and escalating to immediate manager where required.
- Managing project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on time and risk.
- Identifying delivery process improvements and sharing with team members and leadership to drive continuous improvement across the Delivery Organisation.
- Managing client expectations, anticipating tracking and mitigating operational and tactical risks.
- Staying abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Expert in capturing and communicating high quality requirements to customers and technical teams
- Excellent Communication skills to engage with our customers in a professional and respectful manner as the representative of Builder.ai.
- Commercially aware and able to work with Sales to close deals.
- Analytical and Problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A minimum Bachelor Degree, with Product or Project Management experience from an Industry or Consulting background.
Nice to haves
- Experience building and launching an app.
- Experience as a product owner for a customer.
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Health and wellness benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Employee friendly policies
- Generous vacation and time off benefits, including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours