Senior Test Automation Engineer (Python)
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai, we’re looking for team players with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff done attitude. We celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to do more with less, while creating and championing a culture that empowers everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency). Our scale-up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together and savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models.
- Significant experience in Test Automation, ideally with a background in software engineering.
- Develop and extend automated tests as part of the development workflow.
- Experience in automating tests at Unit, API, UI, and non-UI level and improving testing effectiveness.
- Experience with Robot Framework.
- Practical experience with high-level programming languages, in particular Python, Ruby, or TypeScript JS.
- Experience with executing automation tests on CI/CD as part of the software delivery workflow.
- Confident in creating automation frameworks using a modern language (Ruby, Python, or TypeScript JS), writing tests for web applications, and RESTful API services in code.
- A good understanding of testing RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in the end-to-end software development life cycle.
- Experience working in a Linux-based environment.
- Experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean code, package management).
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual.
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results.
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and take corrective actions.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
Nice to Have
- Experience with BDD frameworks (Cucumber/Gherkin/Calabash)
- Experience with GitLab CI.
- Experience with Selenium webdriver (Python).
- Experience with RSpec.
- Practical experience with Non-Functional testing like Performance and Security tests.
- Experience working with mocks and stubs.
- Good understanding of database technologies.
- Experience working in a Cloud based environment.
The best benefit of the role is working with an awesome team to build something unique, along with this you will also get:
- Performance-based bonuses; paid quarterly
- Stock options in a $100 million funded Series C scale-up company
- Remote working, with occasional team days in one of our offices
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Access to our Perkbox
- A ”work from home” equipment allowance
- The ability to work towards relevant industry certifications