Senior Data Scientist
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
Why We Need This Role
Our data scientists will be a part of the Intelligent Systems based in London but will work closely and collaborate with global product and engineering teams across 3 locations: London, New Delhi and Los Angeles. The Intelligent Systems team manages all of the innovation powered by data science, machine learning and AI (decision making). It is likely to witness significant growth over the course of the next year and beyond.
This team will take ownership of a whole host of different existing use cases and there is also a significant potential to test out ideas that currently are in the pure research domain. Key problems include:
- Estimating and accurately forecasting the price and timeline of a new software project taking into account historical information
- Efficiently allocating our developer workforce to meet customer demand for projects with a view to maximising business metrics such as profitability and customer satisfaction
- Program synthesis and automatic code generation
- Monitoring, tracking, understanding and predicting the behaviours of all entities who partake in our ecosystem including customers
- Understand the dependency structures (potentially causal) between the different components/features within the software development life cycle and identify bottlenecks
- Forecasting customer behaviour
- Automating aspects of the quality assurance process in the software development lifecycle
- Growth and performance marketing related problems such as budget allocation, attribution and market mix modelling
- A PhD or an advanced Masters in a scientific discipline: Statistics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Mathematics, Physics
- Experience in three or more of the following areas: Supervised Learning, Deep Learning, Probabilistic Inference, Statistical Modelling, Bayesian Statistics, Unsupervised Learning, Operational Research, Reinforcement Learning and Mathematical Optimisation
- Great attention to detail and ability to hit the ground running by given a direction
- Able to efficiently manage their time and efforts
- An entrepreneurial and a can do attitude
- Passionate about software development and engineering as a field
- 4-5 years of industry experience but more importantly, demonstrable experience at taking concepts and models from conception to production and quantifying business impact
- Proficient at programming in Python
- GIT and DS python stack expertise
- Real world data querying, data manipulation and feature engineering experience
- Knowledge of and experienced at working with cloud technologies
- Ability to operate in interdisciplinary teams comprised of product, engineering, business and technology experts
- Ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Previous experience in a consumer, product or an eCommerce business would be beneficial
- Academic research experience would be beneficial.
- Deep Learning
- Knowledge of graph databases and cypher would be beneficial
- Ability to propose bespoke and novel solution to non-standard machine learning problems
- Track record of industry recognition which could be in the form of high impact academic research outputs, contribution to high impact open source projects or performance in open source competitions such as Kaggle
- Performance-based bonuses paid on a quarter-by-quarter basis
- Stock options in a $100 million funded Series C scale-up company
- Private medical & dental insurance provided by AXA
- Generous pension contributions
- (benefits are currently under review so hoping to offer a lot more soon!)